Saturday, June 27, 2009
The Adult Summer Reading Program begins June 19, 2009 and runs through August 22, 2009. Open to Wayne Residents age 18 and up. The more you enter, the more chances you have to win the Grand Prize of a $50 Borders gift card (courtesy of the Friends of the Wayne Public Library). Here's what you need to do to blog...
1) Find a great book to read!
2) Read it!
3) Write a review or summary and tell us if you thought it was a GEM or a LUMP of COAL!
4) Click on the month June
5) Look for Adults Rock!: The Summer Reading Program -- Click on it!
6) Scroll down just a bit.
7) Click on Post a Comment
8) Type in your Name, Library Card # and Phone number, book information and book summary.
9) Type in the Word Verification
10) Select Anonymous
11) Then Publish
12) Your review will not actually get published until it is reviewed/approved by our librarian. She will then print out your entry and place it in the Adults Rock Entry Box, and then remove your name, card number and phone number and publish it on our Book Discussion Blog. The more books you read and review or blog about, the closer you are to winning! The contestant who has the most entries will win!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Anna Travis, Lynda La Plante's newest heroine, is a rookie cop who is put in some difficult situations when working her first homicide. Does she live up to the standards set by her well-liked copper father?
For more information about the author, check out:
For an interesting interview with Lynda La Plante, visit:
Posted by WPL Book Discussion at 5:44 PM
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Robert Crais is the author of the Elvis Cole series, and "Demolition Angel" one of his standalone novels featuring bomb technician, Carol Starkey. There are many other characters in the book to support this story -- were they all fully developed? Who did you identify with the most?
For more information about Robert Crais, visit his website at:
For an interesting interview with Robert Crais published in the Guardian newspaper, check out:
Posted by WPL Book Discussion at 12:33 PM