Monday, July 11, 2011

Done with Sookie? Check out Rachel...




If you’ve read all the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries and are looking for fun, friendship, action and adventure in a paranormal world then look no further that Kim Harrison’s Rachel Morgan series. The paperback copy of the first book in the series “Dead Witch Walking” has been on my ‘to-be-read’ pile for several years now, but with little time to actually read books, and lots more time to listen to them I was elated when I discovered the books were available on audio. An inter-library loan form, a couple of weeks waiting and into the Hallows I stepped to spend time with vampires, witches, pixies and many other mythical creatures. In an alternate world where humans fear tomatoes, Inderlanders come in all shapes and sizes and Cincinnati, Ohio has been forever changed by “The Turn” Rachel (witch,) Ivy (vampire,) and Jenks (pixie) band together to take down corrupt businessmen, mega-maniacal vamps and shape-shifting demons. Enter the Hallows and see what's lying in wait for Rachel and the gang.


The series reading order is:


Dead Witch Walking

The Good, The Bad, and The Undead

Every Which Way But Dead

A Fistful of Charms

For A Few Demons

The Outlaw Demon Wails

White Witch, Black Curse

Black Magic Sanction
Pale Demon
A Perfect Blood (coming spring 2012)

1 comment:

Belgie said...

I love this album, while I'm of a "younger generation" and listen enough!!!! I saw this band on one of the late night talk shows and it instantly caught me.